Monday 31 March 2008

What's in a name?

As do many parents, we have named the "bump". Some people use the term "bump", some call it "chicken", some call it "the goldfish" etc. etc. etc. If you've ever had a child, you'll know what I mean...

In our case, the name "Pip" came about when we bought our first "Your Pregnancy" book and researched the current state of the foetus (about 3 weeks in I think, but I could be wrong... Eli will correct me if I am!) and the text told us that at this point, it is the size of an apple pip.

The name just presented itself! Pip she's been since then.

If you're wondering why I always say "She" that's because I've been sure, since the very first that she's a girl... don't know why. We've since had that gender confirmed at a scan but of course it's possible (the sexing is only 98% accurate) that it could be a boy.

If so, I hope he likes pink... he's going to be wearing a lot of it for the first 2 years of his life :)

No comments: