Thursday 29 May 2008

Labour day weekend...

For the last two to three weeks we've been in a holding pattern waiting for that moment when Eli says to me "I think it's starting". We're still here and Pip's time is up.

She won't come out voluntarily (displaying the stubborn streak again - she gets that from her mom!) so we're going in there to get her!


Today we go for the euphemistically titled "induction". Pip gets her marching orders and one way or another she's coming out some time in the next day or so.

It's hard to describe my physical and emotional reaction to this... For the past two weeks I've been relatively calm and laid back about the prospect of a late night "get up you B**tard who did this to me and take me to the drugs... er... hospital!" but as that failed to surface and this day approached I got more and more nervous.

Yesterday I was a wreck! Giggling nervously like a little girl... sweaty palms... butterflies in the tummy. The works!

Today... I'm calm again! What's up with that? I can rationalise the calmness for the last few weeks (we're ready, it's gonna happen, save energy for the emergency) and I can also rationalise why I was increasingly nervous over the last few days (a hard deadline to look forward to rather than something which might happen) but I can't for the life of me figure out why I'm now calm again instead of more nervous (since the deadline is not yet passed).

The human body and mind are a strange fellowship.

1 comment:

Vic said...
This comment has been removed by the author.